Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Teacher Channel

The teacher channel is a great resource for teachers. It's a way for teachers to check out different ideas and perspectives on teaching. Different teachers chose different teaching styles to talk about in videos and then they post them here for all to see.
The three videos that I watched were pretty short and to the point although, they are great ways to teach and assess learning.
My three I looked up were about using post it notes during reading so that you don't forget important events from early on in the story.
The next was about different templates to use for students to get a better understanding of the material. The last  was about the "spotlight method" which is really exit slips, which are my personal favorite use of assessment.
Altogether, the site is pretty interesting and I will definitely be checking into it further. Especially when I become a teacher in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment